Date: Monday, 6th July 2020
Contributor: Kevin Reilly - HQ
RSPBA Music Board - Updates
We are pleased to share that despite the current challenges we face with the COVID 19 pandemic that the Music Board have continued to meet Online.
This has ensured that the Music Board business has been maintained and where additional meetings have been held to review Competition Format and the World Solo Drumming.
Normally the Music Board meetings would complete in April as the outdoor season goes live then resume in September. However, we have decided to change this approach and have maintained a regular meeting schedule.
World Solo Drumming - 2020
- The event has been under regular review where initial scenario planning has explored several options aligned to known restrictions. Your Music Board Representatives can update you further on these.
- With the principle sponsors onboard, the current venue - Glasgow Caledonian University have just confirmed that they have moved to a new working model with no external hire arrangements for October, November, and January 2021 (due to examinations).
- Further discussions have led to a proposed date of the 5th December 2020 subject to any restrictions at that time. We are keen to hear your feedback on the proposed date change, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th August so that we can feed your thoughts back to the Music Board.
Proposals have been developed to pilot a 'Static start' option within the Introductory phase of the performance for Grade 4B and Novice Juvenile B Bands. Please look out for a consultation survey in July.
- As part of reviewing the Grade 1 format at the World Pipe Band Championship a consultation exercise will begin during August. Grade 1, Pipe Majors and Leading Drummers look out for the invitation to join a global online video call with the RSPBA Music Board, Format Group.
- At the 2021 World Solo Drumming Championship
- A new Adult Section for Tenor drummers will be added. The Title of the Tenor drumming event will change to World Solo Tenor Drumming Championship and the prizes in all Tenor events will increase to the top six placing.
- To increase the scope of the International Qualifier events for Adult Snare Drummers, discussions are underway with current and new global partners.
Purpose & Procedures
- We have reviewed and continue to 'tidy up' some of the formal documents we use.
- We have established a new 'Competition Format Group' within the Music Board who are responsible for researching and developing the competition environment. A new Terms of Reference has been agreed with the Board of Directors for this Sub Group.
- Terms of reference For the Standards / Grading Group has also been updated. This is the group who look after all Standards /Grading matters.
<< All News