Following our previous announcement introducing the new Championship titled events, we are pleased to provide this update;
The Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association, Intercontinental Solo Drumming Championship
Hosted by the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association and supported by Dunedin Scottish Arts Foundation.
Date: 19th February,2022, Venue: Dunedin Community Centre, Florida, USA.
The Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association, Scottish Solo Drumming Championship
Hosted by the RSPBA Lothian & Borders Branch.
Date: 2nd April, 2022, James Young High School, West Lothian.
The Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association, European Solo Drumming Championship
Hosted by the RSPBA Dundee Perth & Angus Branch and supported by Kingdom Thistle Pipe Band Supplies.
Date: 16th April, 2022, Lochgelly High School, Fife.
The Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association, British Solo Drumming Championship
Hosted by the RSPBA Glasgow & West of Scotland Branch.
Date: 8th August 2022, arrangements to be confirmed.
The Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association, United Kingdom Solo Drumming Championship
Hosted by the RSPBA Northern Ireland Branch.
Date: 3rd September, arrangements to be confirmed
All events will be held under the current rules and structures as below:
- Contests to be approved by the RSPBA.
- Contests to be adjudicated by 2 RSPBA approved Drumming Adjudicators.
- Competitors must Submit two March, Strathspey and Reel sets, each tune minimum of four parts.
- The set to be played will be drawn on the line by the RSPBA Director responsible for the event. (alternative arrangements to apply at the Intercontinental)
- These events carry qualification for the Adult World Solo Drumming Competition Semi-final. Places will be awarded at these qualifying events to the highest placed competitors who have not already pre-qualified for World Solo Drumming semi-final.
*Please note that in line with our development plans, the World Solo Drumming event will become a Semi-finals and Final event. The effective date is currently being considered and will be announced upon agreement.